Login Register

Discussion

“I have a huge problem with solar farms being planted on agricultural land. I would prefer they plant the things on brown field sites or poluted land. If they must grow electricity, I'd sooner see windmills and know the land can still be farmed. Today there was more on the news about the amount of food needed for us, so why allow farmers to turn potentially productive land over to enegy - we cant eat it!
Also if they are growing bio deisel then that too should be grown on poluted land.”

By yveyk Posted: October 30, 2012

3 comments

3 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • merievizz  |  January 18 2013, 6:13AM

I really think you need to concern a good person from agriculture who can recommend you the best than it.

• niknak100  |  February 11 2013, 10:53PM

If solar power is as good as they say, why aren't there solar panels on every council building, police/fire/ambulance station, school, hospital and civic centre throughout the land. Because the truth is that they're expensive, inefficient, unreliable and are least effective at the times we need the most electric. High energy prices are used to subsidise the developers who plant these things across our landscape. Isn't it ironic the green lobby, who claim to protect the earth, seek widespread obliteration of all that is beautiful with turbines and solar 'farms' yet would object to building a decent power station as an eyesore.

• yveyk  |  February 12 2013, 6:50AM

I think that merievizz needs to write in English. niknak100 is right, solar panels are inefficient. They are going to kill tourism in the West Country - visitors like Wndmills but acres of solar panels poluting the landscape when they want to see countryside, I think they'll go away and stay away. Cornwall council is killing the one industry that brings money to the county. It makes you wonder who is gaining financially at the top for all this tech. Look at what's happening with east european horse meat in our supermarkets, how can we allow this? Farms are for food production not for electricity.

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!