Login Register
 °

Fire breaks out in ground-floor kitchen

By Western Morning News  |  Posted: October 09, 2012

Comments (0)

A fire at a shop in Union Street, Torquay, was doused by firefighters yesterday lunchtime.

Two fire engines and the aerial ladder platform from Torquay were sent to the fire, in the ground floor kitchen of the two-storey building, at 12.20pm.

Four officers wearing breathing sets entered the premises and extinguished the fire with a jet.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said the fire had started accidentally.

The kitchen had what a spokesman called "moderate damage". Fire crews also used a thermal imaging camera to check for remaining hotspots.

Read more from Western Morning News

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES