Login Register

Woman escapes from blazing home with dog

By Western Morning News  |  Posted: December 31, 2012

Fireman
Comments (0)

A woman and a dog escaped from a burning house after neighbours grabbed a ladder for them to climb out of a first floor window to safety.

Fire crews were called to East Street, South Molton, Devon at just after 7.10am yesterday.

Two fire engines attended the scene after flames broke out in the living room.

Fire chiefs said the blaze involved contents of the fireplace and was accidental.

Crews put it out after two members of the team put on breathing apparatus and used a hose reel jet.

The woman and dog were out of the property by the time crews arrived.

Read more from Western Morning News

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES