Login Register

Teenager sets himself alight in council office

By Western Morning News  |  Posted: December 14, 2012

Comments (0)

An angry teenager frustrated with his application for a council home set himself on fire in his local housing office.

The 18-year-old was in dispute over a re-housing application, with staff in a branch of Connections in Torquay, on December 7.

He claimed he was about to be left homeless and poured lighter fluid over his body.

The teenager then produced a cigarette lighter and ignited the fluid.

A security guard dragged the burning man outside and put out the flames by rolling him on the floor.

The teenager was taken to hospital with leg burns and later discharged.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

 
 
 

MOST POPULAR