Residents are being urged to have their chimneys swept after fire crews in Cornwall attended more than 20 incidents in a month.
Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said it had dealt with 23 chimney fires across the county between December 2 and January 2.
Crews were called out to Looe, Hayle, Bude, Newquay, Falmouth and Saltash.
The service said that regular inspections and cleaning of chimney flues could help prevent fires.
Mark Blatchford, from the service, said: "We are urging anyone who plans to light their fire to get their chimney swept first."