Login Register

Plymouth hotel evacuated after fire breaks out in laundry room

By NeilShaw  |  Posted: February 28, 2013

Plymouth Boringdon Hall hotel evacuated after fire breaks out in laundry room

Plymouth Boringdon Hall hotel evacuated after fire breaks out in laundry room

Comments (0)

Boringdon Hall Hotel was evacuated this morning after a fire broke out in the laundry room.

Firefighters from three stations were sent to the Plymouth venue just before 7am after a fault in a tumble dryer caused the premises to become smoke-logged.

More than 50 guests had to be evacuated while crews from Greenbank, Plympton and Crownhill entered the property and dealt with the fire.

A water bowser and the aerial platform also attended.

Crews say the fire was contained to the tumble drier and after making sure it was out they ventilated the property - and were back at station within an hour.

Guests were out of the hotel for 15 minutes after which they could return to the main part of the building - and later to their rooms.

Six bedrooms are smoke damaged.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

 
 
 

MOST POPULAR