Login Register

Man suffers burns in caravan fire involving gas cylinder

By e_glanfield  |  Posted: September 30, 2012

Fireman
Comments (0)

A man had to be treated for burns after two caravans and a gas cylinder caught alight in Barnstaple this afternoon.

Two fire crews from the town were called to reports of a caravan fire in Prixford at around 12.20pm.

Upon arrival, crews confirmed two caravans were alight as well as one gas cylinder.

One man was suffering from burns and smoke inhalation and was treated by paramedics before being taken to hospital by ambulance.

Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used two hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze.

The caravans were severely damaged as a result of the fire.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said the cause of the fire was accidental.

Read more from Western Morning News

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES