Login Register

Man evacuated from flat after cooker fire

By Western Morning News  |  Posted: February 14, 2013

fire-engine
Comments (0)

A man was rescued from his smoke-filled flat in Somerset after a late night cooker fire.

Firefighters from Bridgwater pulled the man from his flat on Old Taunton Road after a 999 call shortly after 10pm on Tuesday.

They had arrived to find a strong smell of cooking fumes outside the building and gained access through an open window.

The fire, which started on the cooker and is believed to have been accidental, was doused with one jet. Crews also used a pressure ventilator to clear to property of smoke.

The man was treated at the scene by paramedics.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

 
 
 

MOST POPULAR