Login Register
 °

Holidaymakers saved by smoke alarm

By Western Morning News  |  Posted: October 25, 2012

Comments (0)

Firefighters have said visitors to a holiday cottage in Somerset have a smoke alarm to thank for saving their lives.

Two fire engines from Williton and one from Minehead were called out to Roadwater, near Washford, at 2.40am yesterday.

The kitchen of a two-storey holiday cottage was found to be on fire and the occupants, alerted by a smoke alarm, had been able to call emergency services and get out of the house.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue service said: "The smoke alarm detected smoke at the earliest stages."

Read more from Western Morning News

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES