Login Register

Fire in Hemerdon Heights, Plympton, completely destroys airing cupboard

By marcprosser  |  Posted: February 17, 2013

Comments (12)

Two fire appliances from Plympton and Crownhill were called to Hemerdon Heights, Chaddlewood, Plympton on Sunday afternoon.

Reports had come in about a a fire in a two storey building at the above location, and upon arrival the firefighters used four breathing apparatus, a thermal imaging camera and two hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze.

The fire was in an airing cupboard on the first floor of the building, and it was completely destroyed by the flames.

Read more from Western Morning News

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

12 comments

  • snowy1234  |  February 17 2013, 8:18PM

    Good old Trumpton justifying their existence via their press office! I bet they spent longer setting up the cordon and then re-polishing their fire engine (s) when they got back!!

    Rate   -3
    Report
  • theeditor  |  February 17 2013, 11:04AM

    New Janner, I think you'll find that it's the Herald seeking news from the fire service and other emergency services to fill the paper.

    Rate   -2
    Report
  • MissAnthrope  |  February 16 2013, 8:01PM

    For 'two storey building' read 'a house'. For 'first floor' read 'upstairs'.

    Rate   4
    Report
  • lemon_entry  |  February 16 2013, 7:50PM

    If Hemerdon wasn't so high then maybe there wouldn't be so much oxygen.

    Rate   -3
    Report
  • vwsharonj  |  February 16 2013, 7:44PM

    It says Sunday afternoon either it was last weeks news or they have a crystal ball!!

    Rate   7
    Report
  • Rick_OShay  |  February 16 2013, 6:57PM

    Got it in one, newjanner. Every "shout" is automatically sent in to the 'erald and appears on this site. Saves the 'erald having to do any work, strange though that the Police and Ambulance service don't feel the need to do the same............I guess they don't need to justify their working practises. You can't always assume that the Fire Service reports are accurate, either. A few years back they attended my property and put out a minor fire then reported it as a "chip pan fire". It wasn't, it was an electrical fault in an appliance, fortunately the insurance company loss adjuster was on the ball and the Fire Service mistake did not cause problems with the claim. Rick O'Shay Zog

    Rate 0
    Report
  • BettyD  |  February 16 2013, 6:45PM

    Newjanner, agree and now they're predicting incidents as the airing cupboard fire isn't due to happen until tomorrow lol

    Rate 0
    Report
  • newjanner  |  February 16 2013, 5:38PM

    lots of stories about minor everyday fire service shouts like this and woman inhales smoke from burning cushion in Keyham. If I was cynical I would say that the fire service press office feeding Herald any story it can to justify service when cuts are threatened

    Rate   1
    Report
  • Waltersmith  |  February 16 2013, 4:56PM

    I am sorry I appear to have a cold!

    Rate   -2
    Report
  • Waltersmith  |  February 16 2013, 4:55PM

    Bo glowing meter this time

    Rate   -2
    Report

      YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

       
       

      MORE NEWS HEADLINES