Login Register
 °

Family poisoned by gas leak in oven

By Western Morning News  |  Posted: October 24, 2012

Comments (0)

Two adults and two children suffered carbon monoxide poisoning when a coal-fired Rayburn cooker leaked the gas into their home.

The family alerted Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service just before 3am yesterday after a detector was activated at the property in Lapford, near Crediton.

Fire crews from Chulmleigh, South Molton and Crediton arrived at the scene to help ventilate the property, while the casualties, who suffered minor carbon monoxide poisoning, were treated by paramedics.

The family were then looked after by neighbours.

Read more from Western Morning News

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES