Login Register

Family poisoned by carbon monoxide in Lapford

By NDJPhilippa  |  Posted: October 23, 2012

Fire engine
Comments (0)

THREE fire engines attended a property in Lapford, near Crediton, in the early hours of this morning after a carbon monoxide alarm sounded.

Fire crews from Chulmleigh, Crediton and South Molton arrived at the scene in Moorland View just before 3am. 

The occupiers, two adults and two children, had opened the windows to ventilate the house but wished it to be checked and an ambulance was sent for.

The fire crews discovered the carbon monoxide had leaked from a coal fired range cooker. They extinguished the fire in the cooker and ventilated the property using two breathing apparatus, one gas detector, one covering jet, and one hose real were used.  

The occupiers were treated by paramedics for suspected carbon monoxide poisoning and were then looked after by neighbours.

Read more from Western Morning News

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES