Login Register

Elderly woman treated for smoke inhalation after bedroom fire at Mutley property

By e_glanfield  |  Posted: September 29, 2012

Comments (0)

An elderly lady had to be treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation following a fire at a property in the Mutley area in the early hours of this morning.

Fire crews from Greenbank and Crownhill were called to the socially rented property in Lisson Grove at around 2am after the elderly occupant called 999 reporting smoke.

Upon arrival, firefighters found a small fire had occurred in the second floor bedroom but had since gone out.

An ambulance attended and treated the elderly mother, who was suffering from smoke inhalation.

No other injuries were sustained.

Fire crews carried out an inspection of the property and used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke.

Read more from Western Morning News

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters