Login Register

Cornwall firefighters say smoke detector saved lives

By WMNlynbarton  |  Posted: December 14, 2013

Fireengine

Firefighters were called out this morning

Comments (0)

One person was treated for smoke inhalation after firefighters were called out just before dawn this morning when a fire broke out in a kitchen.

The occupants of the house at Higher Fraddon, near Indian Queens, were alerted when their smoke detectors went off just after 6am.

Two fire engines from St Dennis and one from St Columb were called to the mid terraced house and extinguished the blaze.

A spokesman for Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said the smoke detector had prevented more serious injury being caused in the incident.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

 
 
 

MOST POPULAR