ST MARY AND ALL SAINTS, PLYMSTOCK
THE list of ministers stretches back over 400 years (to Thomas Eversley in 1595) when it is believed that the church was greatly extended. It had previously just been a chapel (All Saints) that belonged to Plympton Priory.
We can assume that the fabric was greatly extended around that time, but several features, including the wonderful 14th century rood screen, are much older. It is likely that the church tower itself dates from that period although the clock is much later.
Photographic evidence suggests that the clock dates from the 19th century at least, a time when there was a great deal of restoration and redevelopment of St Mary's.